Steeplechase A3 HIMD Biomedical
This project consisted of the modification to the existing Steeplechase building A3 to accommodate a new tenant/owner, HIMD. The project is located in Capital Heights, MD.
The specialized requirements of this project included the design for an indoor plant growing and processing facility. The facility has very specialized temperature, humidity and illumination requirments along with a high demand for water usage. The project also included the office administration and support areas needed for the program requirements.
Some of the projects specialized requirements include the following:
- Three (3) PEPCO electric services for a total of 8500 amps of service
- 900 tons of air cooled chiller cooling capacity
- Drying Room with specialized humidity specifications
- Water supply for up to 20,000 gallons per day
- Illumination levels of up to 1500 footcandles in the growing bays with lighting controls
- Building/Site Perimeter Security
Location: Prince George’s County, MD
Let's Build Something
We'd love to talk to you about your next project. Let's get in touch today and start your dream project.